Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo has announced the six groups of professionals that will participate in stage two of the design competition.
The first stage of the selection process of the International Design Competition of “Cavallerizza Reale di Torino” ended today.
As the Bidding Authority and in agreement with the University of Turin, the City of Turin and the members of the Selection board, Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo has announced the 6 groups of shortlisted professionals who will be able to move on to the second stage of the initiative.
Below is a list of the shortlisted professionals and architecture firms:
- Alberto Lessan (Balance Architettura stp srl) – (Turin – Italy) Head of the UNDER 40 group;
- Adam Caruso (Caruso St John Llp) – (London – UK);
- Piero Paolo Guicciardini (Guicciardini & Magni architetti) – (Florence – Italy);
- Anne Lacaton (Lacaton et Vassal Architectes) – (Montreuil – France);
- Inge Vinck (Architecten Jan de Vylder Inge Vinck) – (Gent – Belgium);
- Cino Zucchi (CZA – Cino Zucchi Architetti srl) – (Milan – Italy).
The main goal of the competition is to contribute to creating a cultural centre of international standing in the heart of the city of Turin, in Piedmont, in order to set up – with a sustainable approach and with the use of cutting-edge technology – new cultural, educational, accommodation, social and tertiary services, in accordance with the guidelines of the city plan and with the Unitary Redevelopment Project (PUR) approved by the City Council of Turin, thus significantly increasing the number of facilities available to the public.
The selected design groups, which are formed by 510 professionals of 15 different nationalities, are published on Concorrimi, the platform of the Professional Association of Architects of Milan, which will be hosting the competition in collaboration with the Professional Association of Architects of Turin.
For further information, read the press release at this link