Regulations governing institutional activities
1. The Compagnia's Consiglio Generale shall define during the first year of its term of office a multi-annual planning Document (also known as \"multi-annual planning guidelines\") which establishes, for the duration of the term of office of the Consiglio Generale, the guidelines for the institutional activity, identifying the strategies to be pursued and the relevant instruments of intervention, bearing in mind the objectives identified for the considered period as well as the relevant sectorial priorities. During its term of office the Consiglio Generale may reconsider and update the planning Document.
2. By 31st October of each year the Consiglio Generale, in line with the medium-term framework defined by the multi-annual planning Document, when approved, shall define in an annual planning Document (also known as \"annual planning guidelines\") the guidelines for intervention for the following year, with particular reference to the criteria for distributing resources, as specified in the following sub-section. This Document shall be transmitted within 15 days of approval to the Supervisory Authority.
3. The annual planning Document mentioned in the foregoing sub-section shall establish - following legal requirements - the overall amount of the resources destined to institutional activities and shall provide for their distribution among the various intervention sectors and, within these, among the already activated and newly defined programmes, including those of an intersectorial nature, and among the organisations mentioned in article 4, sub-section 1, letter b). The Document may be modified by the Consiglio during the year.
4. The distribution of resources among the sectors, as approved in the annual planning Document, may vary during the year - within the limits of the overall amount, and for an amount not exceeding 10% of the initial endowment of each sector - as a result of needs which have emerged according to the motivated consideration of the Management Committee. The share of resources available for each sector is in any case not less than 5% of the total resources allocated to institutional activities.
5. The Secretary-General, aided by the offices, shall attend to the preparatory work of the planning Documents described above, including through contacts or other forms of in-depth knowledge regarding the objectives and initiatives of the principal institutions operating in the main sectors, with special attention to the geographical reference areas for the Compagnia's activity.
6. Subsequent to the approval of the planning Documents, the Compagnia's guidelines shall be made known in such a way as to be appropriately understood by outsiders and hence encourage the submission of proposals consonant with the same.