The Philanthropy and Territory Department of Compagnia di San Paolo promotes actions developed by the organised civil society - families, individuals, groups and organisations - aiming to improve life in local communities through economic, cognitive, technical, inventive and human resources.
These are the strategic objectives of the Area:
• Contributing to the infrastructure of the social innovation ecosystem in the metropolitan city of Turin by encouraging co-operative practices between parties and the action of incubators and accelerators; selectively favouring initiatives that create "innovative environments" in the rest of the Northwest.
• Developing the link between innovation and creating jobs in its many facets, especially in the social field.
• Encouraging social practices aimed at the co-operation and co-responsibility among citizens regarding care of public spaces and the environment and exploiting underutilised resources. This can also be carried out through projects featuring circular and sharing economy .
• Supporting practices that promote social enterprise formation.
• Supporting territorial capacity to autonomously build vital projects of community philanthropy, in the form of foundations or other organisational instruments.
• Improving and making the relationship between scientific research on the territory and Compagnia's action profitable, as well as spreading a culture of policy-making based on research evidence among local decision-makers.
The seventh edition of FOUNDAMENTA, an Italian call for business ideas and startups with a social impact, and the first edition of the call Design Your Impact.
An interdisciplinary and global perspective on urban landscapes in the context of densely built cities.
Philanthropy and Territory
Address: c.so Vittorio Emanuele II, 75 – 10128 Torino
tel. +39 011 5596911
fax +39 011 532725